leaf: make the mayo, then mix all the ingredients to make a dough a little softer than bread. Leave to rise.
Tomato sauce: chop the onion, put the carrot on a small grater and put it in a little oil, then quench it with the broth and let it boil for a few minutes until the carrot softens. Add sugar and salt to taste, and at the end add oregano and dried and chopped basil.
topping: the salami is cut into slices and then in half, the sausage is cut into rounds (the sausage was ready fried out of the pot with lard), onion as you wish, hot peppers I put from the jar cut into rounds.
Spread the top, put it in the stove tray (tray greased with a little oil) and grease with tomato sauce. Place the salami and sausage, onion, hot pepper, olives and grate on top of the house. My case was made from sheep's milk mixed with cow's milk.
Bake until nicely browned and bake the top.
How to make the best cage - 10 simple recipes
On the first Saturday of Lent (March 19), Christians celebrate St. Theodore, who introduced the cage into the practice of the Church, according to the miracle of the time of Emperor Julian the Apostate (361-363).
Legend has it that Julian, wishing to mock the Christians, ordered the governor of Constantinople to sprinkle all the provisions of the food markets with the blood sacrificed to the idols, in the first week of Lent.
Thus, on the night of March 18, at the Holy Liturgy of the Pre-Sanctified Gifts, after the pulpit prayer, the Canon of the Holy Great Martyr Theodore is sung, after which the cage is consecrated and distributed to the faithful.
The cage is an offering that is brought for the souls of the dead on the days appointed for their remembrance. Also, the cage represents the body of the dead and is a material expression of the belief in immortality and resurrection, because it is made of wheat grains, which Christ portrayed as symbols of the resurrection of bodies.
The symbolism of the wheat grain is that, just as the wheat grain sprouts when it is buried in the ground, so the human body is buried, so that later it can rise.
The cage is also made at memorials (remembrance terms: 40 days, 3 months, 6 and 9 months and one year after death, then every year, up to 7 years) on the Saturdays of the dead in the calendar.
So, considering that there is little left until entering Easter Lent, here are 10 simple recipes to make the best cage:
Lamb's cheese & # 8211 Traditional Transylvanian recipe
Lamb stew, a dish specific to the Easter holidays, a recipe that I remember step by step and I don't think there is a better one like this. The grandparents from Transylvania were specialists in preparing lamb goodies and did not think that at Easter, the lamb would be missing from the table, from soup, steak, drob and fresh sheep's milk curd.
The lamb did not always have to weigh 10-11 kilograms to be good to eat. He cut himself on Saturday in the yard and his grandfather was in charge of it, then he cut the pieces of meat and took them to his grandmother who took care of him.
In Transylvania, the drob was an expected specialty and was made from the organs of the lamb plus the meat from the head and from around the ribs of the lamb (from the belly more precisely, the meat from the ribs went to the soup.
I can say without false modesty that I have not eaten better than this and it is the recipe that I would never change. The entrails and the meat are finely chopped with a knife, all this giving a note of elegance to the dish!
Stay tuned for the list of ingredients and how to prepare:
- The entrails of a lamb (organs: liver, lungs, kidneys, heart)
- Lamb's lamb (the membrane that envelops the organs)
- Meat from the lamb's head and ribs (this is about the pieces of meat we use for the soup and we will keep the meat for the soup and we will put the drops and fats in the liver)
- 2 bunches of green onions or 3 smaller ones
- 1 bunch of green garlic or 2 smaller
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 2 bundles of parsley
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation:
For a start, we will wash the lamb's organs well and boil them in cold water, with absolutely nothing. Grandma used to say that if you put salt in it, the liver strengthens and it will be like stone.
When it starts to boil, a foam will form, which we will have to take down. Given that the lamb is quite tender, we will not have to cook it for more than an hour, an hour and 20 minutes, after which we let the organs cool in the water in which they boiled.
While the organs cool, wash the onion, garlic and finely chop them.
We harden them until they soften well and all the water left by them disappears. We set them aside to cool.
Boil 3 eggs and peel them.
We also put the pieces of meat for the soup to boil, see here how, after which we choose the meat that we keep for the soup, and the falls and fats, we keep for the drob.
We choose the meat for the soup and put it aside and finely chop what is left, fats, skin, leftover meat.
After the organs have cooled, chop them into small cubes and place them in a bowl next to the meat left over from the soup, over which we add the hardened onion and garlic, the remaining 3 raw eggs, the parsley, salt, pepper and mix.
Put the breadcrumbs in lukewarm water to soften it and spread it on a work surface. We put half of the composition of drob, boiled eggs, the other half of the composition, we uniform, so as to give the shape of a roll.
We gather the powder around the roll and put it in an oven tray greased with oil.
Bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees, then take it out and leave it in the pan where it was baked until it warms up.
Remove the dough from the tray and place it on a countertop, and on top we put a tray or something straight with a weight, not very high, enough to press lightly and compact it. Leave it until it cools and then put it in the fridge.
We cut cold and serve with the other traditional Easter dishes. Good job and good appetite!
Ingredients Cabbage in Cluj
- 1 small sauerkraut (1.3 kg. Had mine)
- 750 grams of minced pork
- 2 red onions (120 grams)
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons lard
- 150 grams of smoked ham or kaizer or smoked sausages
- 150 grams of rice
- 1 tablespoon sweet, flavored paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or dill seeds (optional)
- 350 grams of cream with 25% fat
- optional, 200 ml. tomato paste
Preparation of cabbage, meat and rice
1. Peel the sauerkraut and wash in two cold waters, then drain well in a sieve. Chop the cabbage into thin strips and put to harden in a large saucepan or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of lard. Cook the cabbage for about 15-20 minutes, over medium heat, stirring often, until it begins to soften.
2. Meanwhile, clean, wash and finely chop the onions. Heat 1 teaspoon of lard in a large skillet and add chopped red onions, sprinkling a pinch of salt from the beginning and sautéing over medium to low heat until translucent.
3. After the onion has softened, add the minced meat and mix well with a spoon / spatula to dissolve. Saute the meat with the onion for 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until it turns completely brown, then turn off the heat.
4. Season the meat to taste with salt, pepper, thyme, sweet paprika and ground cumin (if desired).
5. Mix the meat well with the spices and set aside until we use it.
6. Once the sour cabbage has begun to soften, turn off the heat and season the cabbage with ground pepper to taste and dill or dill seeds (if desired). We do not add salt, because the cabbage is already salty.
7. Separately, in a saucepan, boil the rice in half a liter of lightly salted water, for about 8-10 minutes, then drain it of the liquid through a sieve.
Assembling the preparation
1. Switch on the oven and set at 190 ° C.
2. Grease with 1 teaspoon of lard a heat-resistant form, I used a form of embarrassment with the dimensions of 24 & # 21536 cm. In this we will assemble the cabbage from Cluj. Spread evenly 1/3 of the amount of cabbage in the form and lightly compact.
3. Place half of the amount of boiled rice in an even layer on top of the cabbage layer and compact lightly.
4. After the layer of boiled rice, a layer of meat follows, we will spread ½ of the amount of minced meat, in a uniform layer.
5. Continue assembling in the same way: over the first layer of minced meat, there is another layer of one third of the cabbage, then a layer of the rest of the boiled rice, a layer of the remaining minced meat and, of course, a layer of smoked meat, I used homemade ham cut into thin slices, you can use kaizer or smoked sausages, necessarily finely sliced.
6. Necessarily, the last layer will be of the remaining cabbage (the last third), the preparation will be lightly compacted and then all the cream will be distributed on top, which we will spread in a uniform layer.
If you want to use broth, which is not necessarily specific to Cluj cabbage, it can be added after the last layer of cabbage. Keep in mind that the cabbage is already sour and the broth hardens it even more.
Preparing Cabbage in Cluj & # 8211 cooking in the oven
1. By the time we assembled the layers of the preparation, the oven was already heated to 190 ° C. Bake in the oven at medium height for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
2. Finally, it looks about as seen in the picture below. I'm sorry I can't pass on the smell. This food, whose recipe is so old, is very, very beautifully flavored! Let the Cluj cabbage cool for about 15 minutes in the form, then it can be served.
Cabbage in Cluj & # 8211 way of serving
Cluj cabbage is served hot. Although it is practically drowned in cream, in my opinion it needs even more! What's more, winter food, when you don't count calories or cholesterol!
For a vague illusion of freshness, I sprinkled my portion of Cluj cabbage with a little freshly chopped dill. Would that have made her healthier? And even if not, look how beautiful the layers look! Great appetite!