- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Tomato quiche
Love a caprese salad? Try this quiche version with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil. You'll taste a little bit of Italy in every bite.
29 people made this
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs, liightly beaten
- 100ml single cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 basil leaves, finely sliced
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:10min resting › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a quiche dish or tart tin and lightly dust with flour.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line the prepared quiche dish or tart tin, pressing down gently into the base and sides. Cut off any excess pastry and pinch the edges.
- In a medium frying pan over a medium heat, cook and stir the onions with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and cook until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine lightly beaten eggs with single cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste then add the onions to the mixture.
- Cover shortcrust pastry base with mozzarella slices. Pour egg and cream mixture into case. Arrange cherry tomatoes on top and sprinkle with basil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until set in centre. Remove from the oven and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
i am year 10 and we used Pastry100g plain flour50g butter2x15mlspoons of cold water• filling• 1 onion, chopped• 2 eggs, lightly beaten• 125ml milk• salt and pepper to taste• 50g cheddar cheese, thinly sliced• 2 tomatoes, cut in slices• 5 basil leaves, finely sliced-28 Jun 2017
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake pie shell in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until soft remove from skillet. Sprinkle tomato slices with flour and basil, then saute 1 minute on each side. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. season with salt and pepper.
Spread 1 cup shredded cheese in the bottom of pie crust. Layer onions over cheese, and top with tomatoes. Cover with egg mixture. sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until filling is puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Penne with Cherry Tomatoes, Basil and Mozzarella
After a long day of class, fast and convenient foods are most likely on your mind for dinner. While scrambled eggs or leftovers will definitely fuel you for the night ahead, you’d be surprised how easy it is to make a homemade pasta dish. With minimal preparation and just a few staple ingredients, penne with cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella can be made in just 20 minutes.
Although this pasta is meatless, guys and other meat lovers are sure to approve. The classic Italian flavors of cherry tomatoes – which burst when sautéed, forming a light sauce – bite-sized creamy mozzarella and fresh basil are what make this dish so delicious. You can even interchange your favorite vegetables and cheeses (like zucchini, parmesan and pesto) to keep this recipe interesting and to fit your taste. All you have to do is following the steps below boil your pasta, then add it directly to a hot skillet with the cooked veggies for an incredibly easy and satisfying dinner. Garnish the pasta with cheese and herbs and you’ve made a healthy home cooked meal in no time.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
6 oz penne pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 garlic glove, diced
2 tablespoons onion, diced
2 ounces Boccaccini (mini mozzarella)
1 handful fresh basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until tender but firm to the bite.
3. While the pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
4. Add the onion and cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the tomatoes start to soften on a medium heat.
5. Drain the pasta from the boiling water (reserving a few tablespoons of the liquid) and add the pasta directly into the skillet with the tomatoes.
6. Add the mini mozzarella and fresh basil and lightly toss until combined. If desired, add the reserved pasta water for a “saucier” pasta.
For the Tomato, Basil, and Parmesan Quiche
Prepare and pre-bake the pastry according to package directions in an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Allow to cool slightly before filling.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Wash and slice the tomatoes and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Cook onions in a skillet with a touch of olive oil until soft.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, flour and chopped basil. Whisk until well blended.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese in the bottom of the baked crust. Layer half the tomatoes over the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the tomatoes and cheese. Top with the remaining tomatoes and onions.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is set in the center. Tent the quiche with aluminum foil during baking if the crust browns too quickly.
Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- In a medium bowl, stir the cheese, oil, basil, zest, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours before assembling.
- When ready to assemble, slice each tomato in half (either direction is all right) and scoop out the insides with the small end of a melon baller or a teaspoon. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Invert onto a paper towel and let the tomatoes drain for 15 min.
- Fill each tomato half with a scant teaspoon of the cheese mixture and arrange on a serving tray. Serve immediately as an hors d’oeuvre, or wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Add to List
The interesting Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed With Mozzarella & Basil – Recipe … digital imagery below, is segment of Recipes Cherry Tomatoes content which is categorized within Images, recipes cherry tomatoes, recipes cherry tomatoes chicken, recipes cherry tomatoes pasta, recipes cherry tomatoes pasta sauce, recipes cherry tomatoes pesto, recipes for cherry tomatoes from the garden, recipes using cherry tomatoes, recipes using cherry tomatoes and pasta, recipes with cherry tomatoes and basil, recipes with cherry tomatoes and spinach and posted at October 17, 2019.
Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Mozzarella & Basil – Recipe …
Recipes Cherry Tomatoes : Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed With Mozzarella & Basil – Recipe …
This lightened booty on chimichangas alone tastes indulgent. Perfect for cafeteria or dinner, the golden, broiled tortilla gives way to a creamy, rich, and chewy interior. For an alike crispier exterior, feel chargeless to circle the burrito added than once.
Recipes Cherry Tomatoes - recipes cherry tomatoes
| Encouraged to help my personal blog, with this time I'm going to explain to you about keyword. And from now on, this is the initial photograph:
Here is important clue on Images, recipes cherry tomatoes, recipes cherry tomatoes chicken, recipes cherry tomatoes pasta, recipes cherry tomatoes pasta sauce, recipes cherry tomatoes pesto, recipes for cherry tomatoes from the garden, recipes using cherry tomatoes, recipes using cherry tomatoes and pasta, recipes with cherry tomatoes and basil, recipes with cherry tomatoes and spinach. We have the tops sources for Images, recipes cherry tomatoes, recipes cherry tomatoes chicken, recipes cherry tomatoes pasta, recipes cherry tomatoes pasta sauce, recipes cherry tomatoes pesto, recipes for cherry tomatoes from the garden, recipes using cherry tomatoes, recipes using cherry tomatoes and pasta, recipes with cherry tomatoes and basil, recipes with cherry tomatoes and spinach. Check it out for yourself! You can find Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed With Mozzarella & Basil – Recipe … guide and look the latest Recipes Cherry Tomatoes.
Caprese Quiche (serves 6-8)
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup packed basil, thinly sliced
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 unbaked pie crust (recipe linked below)
2. Place the dough into a pie or tart pan and mold into the shape of the dish. Place the pie crust in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
3. Line the crust with parchment paper and pie weights or dried beans and bake for 15 minutes.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and mozzarella cheese. Gently fold in the basil and cherry tomatoes.
5. Pour the filling into the partially baked pie crust and bake an additional for 35 minutes or until golden and cooked through (the center shouldn’t jiggle).
How to make a Cheese and Tomato Quiche
First, you need to prepare the Quiche Pastry (if you are going to make your own) and let it rest in the fridge. You can then prepare the quiche filling, line a Quiche Pan with the pastry and pour in the filling.
After about an hour in the oven, your quiche is ready to be eaten!
Savoury Quiche Pastry
There are many different recipes and ways to prepare a savoury tart pastry, but I always go to the most easy and quick way to make my quiche pastries.
To make the pastry, I simply throw all the ingredients in my food processor and let it do the work for me!
- Place the Flour, Salt and cold Butter cut into small cubes in your food processor. Pulse until you get thin crumbs and cannot see big chunks of butter anymore
- Add the Cold Water, a little bit at the time until the dough starts to come together
- Transfer over a sheet of baking / parchment paper and bring into a bowl. Place a second sheet of baking paper over it and roll the pastry into a thin circle.
- Place in the fridge to rest for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour, then line in your Quiche Pan
Note that you can also make the pastry by hands or with a Pastry Cutter if you do not have a food processor.
You can read all about how to make this Pastry, including lots of tips and tricks in my Savoury Shortcrust Pastry recipe.
Tomato and Cheese Filling
Making the Cheese Quiche Filling is super easy. No need for special equipments here, all the ingredients simply need to be mixed together into a bowl!
- Whisk the Eggs and Cream in a large bowl.
- Add the Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Dried Oregano and thinly chopped fresh Basil Leaves.
- Stir in the grated Cheeses
- Pour the filling over the Quiche Pastry, then place the Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half over the filling
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Combine the garlic, salt, pepper flakes, and olive oil in a medium saucepan (or glass bowl if you are microwaving). Cook on medium-low until the garlic is golden. If microwaving, microwave on high until the garlic is golden (about 2 min in my microwave). Be careful not to burn. Cool to room temperature. Add the mozzarella and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, anywhere up to 24 hours.
Put a cherry tomato onto a skewer, wrap a bocconcini in a basil leaf and add to the skewer, making sure the skewer passes through the basil leaf in two places so it remains around the cheese. Then finish with another cherry tomato.
Repeat with the remaining cheese and tomatoes, dividing them up into 3 or 4 portions (the nutritional info is calculated for 4 portions, which is 3 mozzarella balls per person) , save the remaining oil for a dipping sauce and serve with a small bowl of kosher salt.
To modify this you could substitute partial skim milk mozzarella instead of whole milk. I haven't been able to find fresh mozzarella that isn't made from whole milk, so that is what I have used in the calculator. You COULD try this with regular mozzarella, but you will not get the full wonderful effect. If you've never eaten fresh mozzarella you're missing out!
For an even lower fat version, substitute balsamic vinegar with a touch of oil for the oil mixture. Do not marinate as long, as balsamic vinegar is very strong. Keep in mind that balsamic contains sugar, so use sparingly. You could also use your favorite low fat italian dressing. I just prefer the oil mixture.
To begin making the Fusilli Alla Caprese recipe, firstly boil water in a pot and cook pasta as per the instructions.
Drain the pasta from the water and reserve the pasta water for later use.
In a wide pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant for about two minutes.
Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes become mushy. Soften them with the back of ladle and continue to cook until they make chunky style sauce.
Combine the cooked pasta and tomato mixture and toss them well. Add basil leaves and mozzarella cheese. Miv everything properly.
Add the reserved pasta water if the pasta is dry and it is ready to be served.
Serve Fusilli Alla Caprese on its own or with Pizza Margherita for an Italian weekend dinner.