Someone told me that this is the only way to make meat from now on ....
- pork (I used ribs)
- salt pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon full of honey
- sweet Boya
- 1 tablespoon HP sauce (similar to barbeque sauce)
- 3-4 cloves garlic cut into small pieces
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Pork with baked honey:
Sprinkle the tray with oil, put the meat, sprinkle with a little more oil, spread the other ingredients evenly, add a little water and put in the oven at the right heat, turn the meat over halfway and .. ready.
I made a garnish from a kind of potato stew.
At Share in dishes you learn how to make pork chop with honey and baked potatoes
In addition to the basic ingredients for re-making, Emanuel gives practical advice on how to prepare tasty dishes. Plus, it tells you all sorts of secrets. Like, why is the rosemary potato brother.
A graduate of the HORECA School of Cooking School, Emanuel worked as a chef at a well-known restaurant in Bucharest. He is passionate about music - for many years he even became known in this field, and his spectacular story helped him get involved in the most ambitious project of www. protvplus.ro, Via & # 539 & # 259 Bate Vlogul, season 2, of 12 of the most famous vloggers in Romania.
On VOYO.RO you can watch your favorite shows, 24 hours in advance. See the new offer of movies and series only on voyo.ro
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Baked carrots glazed with honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar
Baked carrots glazed with honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar. The recipe for caramelized carrots with cumin and sweet-sour icing with honey. How to bake carrots in the oven? Garnish recipes. Carrot recipes. Fasting or vegan recipes. Baked vegetable recipes.
I really like caramelized carrots and I prepare them in many ways. This time I chose to make some baked carrots glazed with honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar. They came out great tasty and flavorful! Cumin goes well with baked carrots so feel free to put it in this combination!
I got a very fine garnish (or main course for vegans) of sweet-sour carrots with glossy icing. Mustard and balsamic vinegar perfectly balance the natural sweetness of carrots and honey. Honey is what contributes to the formation of icing but can be replaced with brown sugar (if you do not have honey at hand). Contrary to the nonsense circulating on the internet, honey does NOT become toxic by heating but only loses its healing properties.
Mustard icing with honey is also great for baked meats & # 8211 see here how I did it this delicious pork steak.
I used to do something similar: caramelized carrots with butter and garlic (in the pan) & # 8211 see here. I will leave you with several carrot recipes at the end because they are very versatile and can be prepared in hundreds of ways.
From the quantities below it results approx. 2-3 servings of baked carrots glazed with honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar.
How to choose the right pig unit
The first step in preparing a baked basket begins at the time of purchase. The right part of ham is 50% of the taste of the future dish.
- Take the meat from the back of the pig's leg. Pay attention to the structure at the cut point: it is important that there are no resistant areas.
- An easy way to check the quality of pork is to press it firmly with your finger. If the surface takes its previous shape for a long time, do not buy.
- Attention to color & # 8211 must not be too dark. Choose pork with only white fat.
- One of the guidelines is the smell, it should be pleasant, sweet.
Baked pork steak marinated with mustard and honey
Baked pork steak marinated with mustard and honey. A tender and juicy steak from pork breast with ribs. The whole piece of pork cooks great! By baking, a great, sweet-sour red glaze is formed.
Baked pork steak is great when prepared in large pieces of 1.5-3 kg. The juiciness of the meat is kept only in whole, large, slowly cooked pieces. The meat must not be stung or "breaded" because through those holes the juice will drain from it and will remain dry and sour. Sliced meat is for grills, snacks or escalope.
ABOUT SMOKED FRYING IN "MARINATA"
That is why it is not good to slice the meat for the steak and not to drown it in all kinds of liquids that cover it and in which it boils instead of baking. I call them "submarine steaks." There are actually some long-juice stews in which some gray slices of "sole" type meat float. Do not be deceived… from some thin slices of meat put in the tray with 2 L of juice (called "marinated") will not always come out red and tender steak. Especially since the excess liquid takes about 2 hours in the oven to decrease, during which time the meat breathes several times.
That's why I offered many recipes for steaks prepared with whole pieces of meat, which are cooked exactly as they should and yes, they are penetrated in the middle. You can find enough examples here.
Each piece (piece) of meat has a specific texture and cooking times. You don't make tender grills out of pork meat, but you get some great snacks, a good goulash or a flour steak. Pork breast or neck, with their fat inserts, are more versatile and are suitable for both pan, grill and oven cooking. Muscles and chops are very delicate and cook very quickly, with the risk of excessive drying. So each piece is cooked in different ways. We can't generically call them "pork steak."
This time I chose a pig's head with a few ribs. It is a floury, fleshy piece, but it also has bones so useful for a steak. Bones are good conductors of heat and help to cook pieces of meat in depth. In addition, we all know that the tenderest and tastiest meat is the one on the bone, right?
As alternatives you can also use pork neck, shoulder or skimmed leg (with or without bone).
The marinade I prepared was a sweet-sour one, very pleasant in taste and sufficiently aromatic. I don't like to completely cover the flavors or taste of meat. Marinades have an important role in tenderizing meats and impregnating them with various flavors (especially lamb, beef or game). The acidic (sour) components are the ones that transform the muscle fiber and weaken it. These can be vinegars, wines, citrus juices (lemon, orange, grapefruit), mustard or sour dairy products (whipped milk, kefir, yogurt). If there is something sour, it is good to have something sweet that balances the taste and corrects the acidity: honey, brown sugar, molasses, etc. We also talked here about dry rubs (wet rub) or wet ones (like bait). The spices in the marinade must be dosed with courage because they will be distributed throughout the mass of the piece of meat. Especially salt must be put in abundance.
Marinating is done over time, and can last from 2-3 hours at room temperature to 3-4 days in the refrigerator, depending on the type and size of the piece of meat. I left the meat to marinate overnight.
From the ingredients below I obtained approx. 6-8 servings of baked pork steak marinated with mustard and honey.
3 hours 10 minutes
Author: Savori Urbane
Servings: 6-8 servings
Ingredient & # 8211 savoriurbane.com
• 2 kg of pork breast head with ribs, skimmed leg or neck
• 1 tablespoon fine mustard (preferably from Dijon)
• 1 tablespoon mustard with berries (or fine, if you do not have)
• 1 tablespoon honey, molasses syrup or brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons with a pinch of fine salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or powder
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• coarse salt
HOW TO MAKE PIG FRYING IN THE OVEN MARINATED WITH MUSTARD AND HONEY?
The ribs have a fairly strong whitish membrane that I easily removed, pulling from one corner of it. This step is important because this membrane remains strong even after cooking and, in addition, it tightens. Secondly, its removal helps the aromatic marinade to penetrate deep into the meat.
We would show here how the membrane is removed - in the recipe for pork ribs with icing (scaricica).
MARINADE WITH MUSTARD AND HONEY FOR PORK FRYING
In a small bowl I mixed the mustard with molasses (honey or brown sugar), cumin, oil, salt and pepper. I got a creamy marinade and flour. Good salt!
I greased the meat well with this marinade and put it cold (in the plastic bag) for a few hours.
I left it overnight, but if you hurry, you can speed up the marinade by leaving the meat on the kitchen table for 2 hours.
HOW MUCH DO WE BAKE A MARINATED PORK FRYING - WHOLE PIECE?
It is important that the temperature of the meat, before entering the oven, is that of the room. This means that it must be taken out of the fridge 1-2 hours before cooking (if it has been marinated in the cold). I took the meat out of the fridge and heated the oven to 220 C (with ventilation, the maximum level for those with gas).
I additionally seasoned the meat with coarse salt and ground black pepper and placed it in the roasting pan.
I poured 2 cups of water into the pan, covered everything with aluminum foil and put the steak in the hot oven. The first 30 minutes I left 220 C then I reduced the temperature to 170 C and I baked the steak for 2 good hours. I checked the liquid level and filled it when it dropped too much (to be about 1-2 cm of liquid in the tray).
After 2 and a half hours it looks like this. I took off the aluminum foil and put it back to browning, raising the temperature to 200 C for 20-30 minutes.
In the end everything browned great and the sauce in the pan dropped and became sticky.
serve baked pork steak marinated with mustard and honey
I took the tray out of the oven and covered the steak again with aluminum foil, but lightly, so that it has space where the steam can come out. This resting stage of the meat after cooking is essential to obtain a tender and juicy texture. I let the steak "breathe" for 20 minutes before cutting it. During this time the muscle fibers relax and the juices are redistributed in them.
Come on, we can't crave anymore! Look how floury and brown it is
Crust is crazy! Honey, brown sugar or molasses work wonders.
The meat is soft and juicy, the ribs come out easily, just by light hand pulling. The mustard sauce with honey is sweet-sour, very tasty. We ate the steak with some fried vegetables
Ingredient baked pork breast
- 4-5 slices of pork breast with bone, 2-3 cm thick (about 250 gr / piece)
- 1½ of good quality coarse salt (I used maldon salt, you can also use salt with different flavors, smoked salt, celery salt, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- optional: ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (can be replaced with fennel, coriander or whatever you like)
- optional: ½ teaspoon of ground mustard seeds
- optional: 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
How to prepare pork breast in the oven
In the image below you can see the whole piece of pork breast. I bought it, sliced it and frozen the surplus in packs of 4-5 ribs.
Seasoning and dry marinating
1. Of course, the first step will be to prepare the spices. On the list above, I wrote what I used. The spice mix can be customized, you can add exactly those flavors that you like. Maybe dried thyme, maybe rosemary. Maybe chili & # 8230 is exactly what you prefer. The first 4 on the list are irreplaceable and unavoidable: salt, pepper, garlic powder or crushed garlic and brown sugar. The rest is up to you. Regarding garlic, for this type of spice, I prefer to use dried garlic. The reason is that it does not burn in the oven. But if you don't have it, put 2-3 large cloves of garlic, crushed.
And no, I wouldn't give up brown sugar! It has a role both in tenderizing the steak and in balancing the taste and final appearance of the dish.
2. These are the pork breast slices I used. I chose them as thick and heavy as possible (3-4 cm), to be done at the same time. Whether you want them with crust or not, it's a matter of personal choice, the cooking method doesn't change at all.
3. Rub the pork breast slices well with the spice mixture on all sides. When I say "rub", I really mean a mechanical action, through which coarse salt and brown sugar break the fibers of the meat, having the effect of a marinade. Once well rubbed with spices, the slices of pork breast are packaged and refrigerated for a period of 2 hours to 12 hours (overnight).
4. Take our seasoned pork breast out of the fridge for at least an hour before putting it in the oven. Arrange the slices in a non-overlapping oven tray. Turn on the oven and set it at 190 ° C static or 180 ° C ventilated.
5. The oven must be preheated when the pork breast has returned to room temperature. Put the tray in the oven, at an average height, for 20 minutes. After the first 20 minutes have passed, turn the pork breast slices on the opposite side and cook them for another 15-20 minutes, or until the meat becomes soft and tender. In the last 8-10 minutes, raise the oven temperature to 210 ° C and set the grill function. Optionally, before browning the pork breast slices, we can grease them with the brush with barbecue sauce & # 8211 click here for the recipe & # 8211 for a beautiful glaze. They will look very nice anyway and will be glazed due to the brown sugar in the spice we prepared.
Before serving, the pork breast is left to rest for 15-20 minutes, lightly covered. It will become much more fragile and tasty if this proper rest period is granted. After that, we can serve him. The image below is very telling about how rosy and tender this steak is.
They go well with all sorts of salads and side dishes, such as salad coleslaw, a potato salad, potatoes with rosemary and so on May it be useful to you!