- 1 kg of oysters (mine were sultanas)
- 1 l of bags
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Tomato juice
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Bame in tomato sauce:
Cleaned, washed, cut into small pieces, put them in the bowl with borscht and salt to boil for 5 minutes, strain them, also put them in cold water and then in jars, fill the jars with tomato juice dissolved with a little water if too thick, we screw the lids and boil for 30 minutes, we take out the jars, we wrap them in the blanket and after they have cooled we store them in the pantry.
in the absence of borscht you can use 1 l of water, 1 teaspoon of lemon salt, 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
do not use vinegar because it remains an unpleasant odor
How to prepare marinated meatballs with tomato sauce
First, take care of the sauce. Finely chop the onion and fry it in a pan for 2 minutes. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the onion at first so that it softens quickly. Then add the tomato sauce, a glass (200 ml) of water, a pinch of salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, taking care to stir from time to time, so that the sauce does not stick.
During this time, take care of the meatballs. Place the egg, hot paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and parsley over the minced meat and mix the composition well. Then, with wet hands, form round meatballs, which you eventually roll in flour.
Heat the oil in a heavy-walled saucepan (the wok is my favorite, because it distributes heat evenly and fits many meatballs at once), then toss the meatballs into it. Leave on high heat and fry the meatballs until they get a nice crust on both sides, but they don't cook completely. About 2 minutes on each side, I say. Once browned, remove them on a paper towel.
Turn the oven to 190 degrees. Put the meatballs in a pan, then pour the tomato sauce over them and sprinkle a little basil on top.
Cover the tray with aluminum foil and leave in the oven for 25 minutes. After the time has elapsed, remove the tray, remove the foil and leave the meatballs in the oven for another 7 minutes, so that they get an appetizing crust.
Serve with a diet mashed potato (meatballs are quite high in calories) and enjoy a dish like at home! Good appetite!
How to make Shakshuka (Eggs in tomato sauce). Recipe and tips
Remember when I told you I took Ottolenghi's shakshuka recipe and made some changes to it?
Well, you can do the same with my recipe. It is not mandatory to do it exactly.
As long as you respect the base (scrambled eggs in tomato sauce), you can be creative and play with the ingredients as your taste dictates.
Remember that this is not a famous food only in Israel.
Over time, shakshuka has become a traditional food in many countries and all have brought their influence.
For example, in Spain it is made with their traditional sausages, Chorizo. What I mean is that you can do the same.
You can add your favorite ingredients, or traditional ingredients from our country.
And some of the & # 8216types & # 8217 below will give you a clearer idea of how you can mix the ingredients.
So look over them, make a shakshuka recipe and don't forget to tell me how it turned out.
And especially, tell me if you add any more special ingredients. I'm very curious to see what comes out.
And if you want to see more video recipes, subscribe to My YouTube Channel.
Ingredients Bame with Potatoes
- 400 grams of frozen oats or 500 grams of fresh oats
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons concentrated tomato broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, 30 ml. of vinegar, chopped green parsley
How to prepare mothers with potatoes
Preparation of okra
Because I used frozen oats, I simply read the manufacturer's instructions on the package. I found out that I do not have to defrost the okra in any form, but only to add them, being frozen, in a pot of boiling water in which I added salt and vinegar (30 ml).
If I had used fresh oats, I would have had to wash them with cold water. The next step would have been to carefully delete each one. Then I would spread them on a flat surface so that they would dry well. After drying, I would have carefully cut their tails. I would have put on the fire a pot of water in which I would have added lemon juice or vinegar, because an acidic substance is needed, in order to prevent mucilaginous lumps. I would have scalded the otters for about 2-3 minutes in this water, then I would have drained and clarified them. In no case, whether fresh or frozen, the cooking time of the otters may not exceed 10 minutes, including the period in which they are scalded.
The cooking itself
I skipped over the long preparations of fresh okra and dipped the contents of the bag of frozen okra in boiling water with salt and vinegar. I scalded them for 5 minutes then drained them and set them aside.
Peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic, peel the potatoes, wash and cut into equal cubes, roast the tomato for 30 seconds, peel and cut into small pieces.
1. Heat a large saucepan or skillet and add the olive oil, then the onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onions begin to soften.
2. Add the potatoes and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Saute the potatoes with the onion, stirring continuously for a few minutes, then add hot water just enough to cover the potatoes, cover the bowl with the lid and cook until the potatoes are almost ready.
3. Add the okra over the potatoes and mix well.
4. After 3 minutes from adding the okra, add the tomato and the broth. Mix carefully and cook over low heat for 2 minutes (if necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of hot water, but the food should not swim in the liquid, just not to dry too much).
Match the taste of the octopus food with salt and pepper, sprinkle with chopped green parsley and serve immediately, hot. With fresh bread it's a real wonder!
Chicken food with chicken
I think bamelecrude needs to be prepared before putting them in the pan.
Good evening, no, they are frozen and do not require cooking. In addition, the 15 minutes of boiling with the other ingredients are enough.
Transylvanians have no idea. They are delicious
Yes, it's good. This was my 15-year-old son's favorite food, but now he died in a motorcycle accident. GOD WILL REST IN PEACE
Heheheeee.eu just yesterday I made the food of pork but with pork,
Frozen or fresh, okra will be balmy if not prepared before cooking.
Fasting meatballs in fragrant tomato sauce
Are you fasting or are you vegan? Then this food is for you! Aren't you fasting and not vegan? These are nothing fasting meatballs in flavored tomato sauce they are so good that you won't even miss the meat on the menu!
In fact, the idea of today's menu starts from the falafel recipe (click on the link), ie raw chickpea meatballs, to which I only added this time a raw potato for a softer and more pleasant texture.
I fried the meatballs, according to the classic falafel recipe, in a well-heated oil bath. This way, the chickpeas do not absorb much oil. Chickpeas, as you know, are not oily or greasy at all, on the contrary, they are dry and crunchy on the outside.
But if you are not a fan of frying in an oil bath, know that you can make this recipe for fasting meatballs with tomato sauce and if you bake them in the oven. This reduces the oil used for frying, and the recipe will, of course, be more dietary. See here how to make chickpeas meatballs (falafel) in the oven.
We have the recipe for chickpea meatballs in both variants & # 8211 in the oven or fried & # 8211 and on the YouTube channel. You can watch it by clicking on the picture below. And if your video recipes are useful, subscribe to the channel so you don't miss them. Click here to subscribe!
Use a lot of fresh parsley in the composition, it gives a great taste to meatballs. Despite the fact that spring has not yet finally settled, I was lucky to find on the market a garden parsley, from that small one, with small leaves, extraordinarily fragrant.
So I fried the meatballs, then bathed them in a tomato sauce in which I put the flavors I like: a few chili flakes, garlic, dried thyme, a bay leaf, a little kapia pepper paste and almost a jar with tomato cubes put in the pantry this summer (see recipe here).
Of course, the recipe can be adapted to what you have: for example tomatoes with pulp from a purchased can or tomato juice.
The meatballs are already cooked, whether they are fried or baked, so they only need a few minutes to soak in the sauce to soak in its wonderful flavors, then they are ready to serve.
You can serve fasting meatballs in tomato sauce next to a mashed potato, or even a garlic clove (see recipe), next to a rice pilaf with tomatoes and parsley (recipe here) or without another garnish, simply, just next to a salad spring with lots of green onions and radishes, as we did.
Fish with lemon and tomato sauce & # 8211 We have prepared a delicious recipe with mackerel in tomato sauce, you will surely lick your fingers with pleasure!
We have prepared a delicious recipe with mackerel in tomato sauce, you will surely lick your fingers with pleasure!
Ingredient: 4 pieces over mackerel, 4 tablespoons oil, 1 piece lemon, 4 pieces tomatoes (mashed pulp), pepper and salt to taste, 150 ml water, 1 teaspoon starch, 2-3 strands of parsley, 1 piece red onion.
How is it prepared?
The fish is washed, cleaned of intestines and portioned into suitable pieces. Cut the lemon into thin slices and place in each piece of fish. Cut the onion into small pieces and cook in oil for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomato pulp and continue cooking for a maximum of 10 minutes.
The sauce obtained is mixed with the starch dissolved in water. Add salt, pepper to taste and then pour it into a tray.
Place the fish pieces in the sauce and place the tray in the preheated oven (at 160 degrees Celsius) for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
What is used for the tomato sauce recipe?
- -1 l homemade tomato juice from fresh tomatoes
- -1 onion
- -1 carrot
- -100 g celery root
- -2-3 celery leaves (optional)
- -a bell pepper also works if you have it, but it is not obligatory, the original recipe does not provide bell pepper
- -50 ml oil
- -salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf, hot pepper or paprika
- -2-3 cloves of garlic
- -1 teaspoon of sugar
- -50 g of white flour
Method of preparation
Garlic red sauce
Bake the peppers, sprinkle with salt and let them cool a bit. Bake the tomatoes as well. trustee
Balls in tomato sauce / Balletjes in tomatensaus
- Boil water in a pot and when it boils add the chicken cubes. - Meanwhile, stir
Ingredients beef belly in tomato sauce, trippa alla romana
- 600 gr. beef tripe
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 ml. Mutti puree or 600 gr. fleshy tomatoes, well cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 130 gr. Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4-5 mint branches
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- optional, 30 grams of bacon (pillows), in which case we give up ½ of oil
Preparing beef belly in tomato sauce, trippa alla romana & # 8211 boiling and preparing belly
1. Beef belly, which is ideal to be veal, to boil faster, it is good to be white and clean, but it is desirable not to be pre-cooked. Wash the belly well and put it to boil in a pot in which it is well covered with salt water, together with 1 carrot and 1 small onion, as well as the bay leaf. Boil the belly until it softens well, so that it can be easily pierced with a fork. Depending on the age of the animal from which it comes, cooking can take 1 hour, 2 or even 3 hours.
2. Once well cooked, remove the onion, carrot and bay leaf and drain the belly of juice through a sieve. Allow the belly to cool.
3. After it has cooled, the belly is cut into strips just like in the belly soup, a kind of "noodle" with a width of about 1 cm and a length of 6-10 cm.
Preparing beef belly in tomato sauce, trippa alla romana & # 8211 preparing tomato sauce
Tomato sauce can be made with both fresh tomatoes, in which case we will need fleshy tomatoes, suitable for juice (varieties San Marzano and the Romanian one Ox heart are ideal), very well cooked, as well as with a quality passata. To prepare the sauce from fresh tomatoes, their skin is cut in a cross, scalded briefly in boiling water and taken out in an ice water bath, as shown in recipe for tomatoes in a jar. After being taken out of the cold water bath, the scalded tomatoes are peeled and strained. A more practical option, especially in the season when we do not find fresh tomatoes of too great quality, is the use of passata, the one from Mutti containing 99.5% tomatoes, the remaining 0.5% being represented by salt.
4. Put the olive oil and the garlic clove in a cold pan, previously pressed with the side of the knife, to allow the flavors to reach the oil more easily. Heat the pan slowly and allow the garlic to turn slightly golden, with no traces of brown. Add the tomato puree. Boil the sauce over low heat for about 10 minutes, until the garlic softens and allows us to crush it in the sauce with a fork. Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, taking into account that Pecorino cheese will be added, which is salty.
Optionally, the sauce can be prepared on a base of roasted bacon, in which case the oil will be reduced or even eliminated and the garlic will be cut into thin slices, sautéing very little in the melted pork fat.
Preparation of beef belly in tomato sauce, trippa alla romana
5. While the tomato sauce is boiling slowly, grate the Pecorino Romano cheese on the grater with small holes.
6. After the tomato sauce is ready and seasoned according to our taste, we add to the sauce the cut belly strips as well as the chopped mint leaves, of which we will keep some for the moment of serving. Bring to the boil again and cook the belly in the sauce, stirring occasionally, for about 4-5 minutes.
7. Add over the belly in the tomato sauce from a 2/3 pan of grated Pecorino and mix quickly with the preparation until the cheese melts. We stop the fire, check the level of seasoning again and we are ready to serve.
Serve beef belly in tomato sauce, trippa alla romana
Trippa alla romana is served hot, sprinkled with the rest of grated Pecorino Romano and mint leaves. It goes perfectly with fresh bread, crispy crust and dry wine with fruity aromas.