This week please welcome, Rachel Knecht, and her meal plans! Rachel is a recipe tester here on Our Site and the blogger behind Baking with Rachel.
I love making new recipes! I’m always on the lookout for a new dish to add to our repertoire. Yet, the rest of the family is sometimes hesitant to try a completely new dinner.
Over the years, I have come up with a few tips that help make new meals fun for everyone:
- When picking a new recipe to make, I ensure that a few of the elements are foods that are already enjoyed, such as the chicken and the rice in this week’s Chicken and Rice Casserole.
- Allowing for individual tastes is also helpful when making new meals. The Soba Noodle Bowl with Spinach and Poached Eggs can be customized for each person, which allows for everyone to enjoy their bowl the way they like it.
- Serving new side dishes with a beloved main is also a way to incorporate new dishes.
- Lastly, making small changes to meals, like the addition of different spices, can easily make a classic dish feel new, like the Tarragon Tuna Melt.
I hope this week’s recipes inspire you to add a new dish to your dinner menu.
- New to Meal Planning? Start here! 10 Things to Know if You’re a First Time Meal Planner
- Looking for Last Week’s Meal Plan? Here you go! (Plus all past meal plans!)